Here’s our menu plan for the week. I try to cook in batches so we have enough food for a day or two. The recipes are pretty simple, but if it’s something more difficult I’ll make it on the weekend while Big T is around to watch Little T. I also take a look at what fruits and vegetables we have around the house to make sure they aren’t going to waste and try to make things that Little T can eat on his own.
- Oatmeal with Baked Apples-2 diced apples shaken in a bag with cinnamon and nutmeg, then microwaved in a covered bowl with a little soymilk for 2 minutes to soften. Obviously, it tastes better if you do it on the stove or in the oven, but the microwave is quick and easy.
- Sugar Free Peach Muffins from http://www.fatfreevegan.com
- Green Drink- kale, romaine lettuce, apple, ginger, celery, pear, and lemon.
- Fruit Salad
- Healthy Almond Butter Bombs-made with oatmeal, almond butter, agave, and mashed bananas.
- Watermelon Juice-watermelon in the juicer with a squeeze of lemon)
I don’t ever plan out dinners and toss together whatever ingredients we have. I do know that I want to try to this recipe for roasted tomato soup from Healthy Happy Life, and the recipe for bread salad from The Veggie Queen’s Cookbook.