For Little T’s birthday, we used this recipe for a chocolate cake. The recipe is here and it’s from Chef Chloe, the chef who won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. We didn’t have round cake pans, so we omitted the frosting between the layers and turned it into a sheet cake. The cake was delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 0_o Little T and I may or may not have cleaned the sides of the pan with our grubby little fingers.
Momma J wasn’t so great at decorating the b-day cake, but never fear, Aunt D came to the rescue! (Twice in one day, go Aunt D!)
Little T is forcing me to be more organized with our cooking. Just for fun, here’s what’s on the menu this week for Little T:
- Vegan Banana Blueberry Bread (breakfast and snacks-from FatfreeVegan.Com)
- Oatmeal with diced apple (breakfast)
- White Nectarines and peaches we found at the farmers market (snacks)
- Carrot Soup (lunch-and still his favorite meal)
- Trader Joe’s Biryani Rice (lunch)
- avocado and black beans (second snack)
Mary @ Noah Baby said:
I just came across your blog through Top Mommy Blogs and love what I’ve read so far. You have such a sweet little family and adorable baby boy!
Momma J said:
Thank you! I’m so glad you’re enjoying our blog. I’ve just added your blog to my google reader and can’t wait to read more. 🙂
Pingback: Belated Birthday Party Post | This Little Blog of Mine